Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Easy-control operation: Powerful 4-stroke 249 cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam engine is designed to produce power across a wide rpm band for easy-to-control operation. Unicam valve train provides the light weight of a compact single-cam design and the optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum power at all engine rpm.
- Electric start: Electric starter drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication to starter gears, and produce a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft.
- Superb cold or hot starting: Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompressor system provides superb cold-starting and hot-starting operation.
- Incredibly light weight: Unicam valve train features a carburized single camshaft that directly actuates two 31 mm titanium intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates two 26 mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction, roller rocker-arm. Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height. Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
- High RPM power: Forged 12.9:1-compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Performance & durability: Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability. Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
- Excellent rideability: 37 mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Steady cruising speed: Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) and an accelerator pump that help maintain linear throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Eliminates contamination: Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil, and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Comfortable manoeuvrability: Semi-double-cradle twin-spar aluminum frame features a single large-diameter tapered downtube. Two rugged box-section rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the engine. A forged aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube. In addition, tall swingarm pivot plates and narrow frame spars create a narrow overall frame cross-section for superb rider comfort and manoeuvrability. Swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper design with a large cast-aluminum cross-member.
- Light-weight durability: 18-inch rear wheel features the same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight aluminum spoke nipples as used on the CRF250R.
- Excellent rigidity: Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity. Rear-axle diameter of 25 mm and large-diameter bearings provide optimum rigidity to withstand torturous off-road conditions.
- Low-friction operation: Lightweight 47 mm inverted Showa twin-chamber cartridge fork with aluminum dampers is derived from the CRF250R and features settings unique to the CRF250X. The fork offers 315 mm (12.4 inches) of travel, and 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability. The inner surface of the front fork outer-tubes receives the same honing treatment as works bikes for low-friction operation.
- Handles all situations: Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa rear damper and 313 mm (12.3 inches) of wheel travel, separate low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns) compression damping adjusters, and 17-position rebound damping adjustment.
- Consistent performance: Rear shock damper piston diameter is 50 mm for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
- Improved turning & handling: Compact dual-piston front brake caliper, anodized aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
- Condensed design: HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the need for a remote master cylinder reservoir and hose assembly.
- Reduces unsprung weight: 240 mm wave-style front and rear brake discs reduce unsprung weight.
- Improved comfort & handling: Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider's legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
- Excellent lighting: Powerful 35W halogen headlight features an innovative lens for a wide range of illumination. Integrated LED taillight in rear fender.
- Increased rider mobility: Seat cushion uses foam construction that follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort. Non-slip seat cover for increased rider control.
- Light and practical: Rear brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position.
- Reduced rider fatigue: Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Unconventional durability: Chain guide material offers improved wear resistance, and service life is five times greater than conventional materials.
- Easy maintenance: Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
- Durable controls: Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
- Long life: Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 78 mm x 52.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.9:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin 37 mm flat-slide carb with throttle position sensor
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 14T/53T
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: 47 mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustment; 315 mm (12.4 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustment, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 313 mm (12.3 in.) travel
Dimensions & Additional Information
- Tires: 80/100 - 21 front; 100/100 - 18 rear
- Brakes: Front 240 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear 240 mm disc
- Ground Clearance: 346 mm (13.6 in.)
- Seat Height: 958 mm (37.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,480 mm (58.3 in.)
- Curb Weight: 115 kg (253 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 7.3 litres, including 1.6-litre reserve
- Colour: Extreme Red
- Warranty: No warrranty